Houff Corporation Is Currently Accepting Applications for Drivers!
At Houff Corporation we value the character of a candidate as much as the skills they bring to the table and we are willing to train the right individual for the job.
At Houff Corporation, our driver job is not just behind the wheel. If you are looking to play an essential role in a growing business, Houff Corporation could be a good fit for you. Houff drivers are expected to fill in wherever needed and haul a wide variety of specialty products including but not limited to salt, soybean meal, and fertilizer. A Houff Corporation driver is also a key part of our customer service team, as they frequently interface with customers, forging our relationship with them and driving future business.
Compensation & Benefits:
Houff Corporation offers competitive pay and the opportunity for overtime and an annual company bonus. Benefit plans are based on length of employment, beginning with 401k eligibility and expanding up to full medical, vision, prescription, life insurance and disability. Houff Corporation is a great opportunity for a challenging career with tremendous growth potential and the flexibility to be home every day.
- Able to work as many as 10-12 hours in a day in peak season, including any of the shifts (day, evening, and weekend).
- Safely climb in and out of a tractor cab and trailer; sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor and/or forklift; safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery; operate a tractor/trailer combination up to 11 consecutive hours, in all types of weather, while safely transporting hazardous/non-hazardous materials; and safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat & kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
- Safely operate tractor-trailer combination, including tanker, and dump trailer.
- Perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations.
- Maintain a current Class A CDL.
- Operate and maintain records in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), Department of Transportation (DOT) and company policies as required.
- Provide service excellence to customers including generating sales leads to appropriate personnel.
- Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess and maintain a valid Class A Commercial driver’s license.
- Hazardous materials endorsement preferred.
- Tank Vehicle endorsement (Tankers) preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Agricultural experience preferred.
- Safe driving record and history.
- Pass DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals.
- Pass a company paid DOT physical.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
Houff Corporation is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.